Monday, July 25, 2005

Slacker

I'm 25 days into my journey to the Land of Unemployment and have noticed that I am finding myself a bit more deserving of the title Involuntary Slacker.
I set my alarm every day with all the best intentions of getting up and going to work out and then coming home and being effective at my job search and freelance attempts.
The alarm goes off and I then think to myself "I don't really need to get up yet...." and I reset it for way later. Or I do get up, shuffle out to the TV room and decide that seeing what TiVo has in store for me is more compelling than going to the gym.
This obviously delays the start of my day for a bit. I'm now, as my mom used to say "getting my days and nights confused". The later I sleep in the later I fall asleep. Too bad its not because I've been living by the KISS credo of "rock and roll all nite and party every day" but most of my friends have day jobs. It's really just because I've had less on my plate recently.
Maybe soon I'll find something to renew my energy and circadian rhythm soon.

1 comment:

Bill T said...

Doesn't it suck when all your friends work 9 to 5?

Or worse, 4 pm to 2 am? The friend of mine on that kind of shift can't even come out drinkin' with me once I knock off at 11:45 PM.