Sunday, July 03, 2005

"Do you have any plans?"

People keep asking me this. Truthfully, I'm kind of tired of it. I feel like shooting back "if I had a new job, don't you think I would've told you about it?". But I'm far too polite to say that. Instead I say "I'm going to take a few weeks to clear my head and take some well deserved vacation time".

Or I was until the airlines decided that the amount frequent flier miles I have are not enough to get me form New England to Pesacola, where I was to visit a friend for a few days and then we would've been off to New Orleans to visit another friend of mine. But, alas, I am not in the 50,000 mile AAdvatage club, only approaching the 25,000 (which are already taken up by other 25,000 customers, damn those who planned 10 months in advance!). And being unemployed it is probably not wise to spend $500 on airplane tickets, as I think my landlord would agree.

2 comments:

-Ann said...

One word for you - Priceline. :) It's not a sure thing, but if it can get you there for a price you feel comfortable with, why not.

Lyss said...

Thanks. I'll check it out.