Sunday, January 22, 2006

Farewell to West Wing

I'm saddened to hear about the cancellation of The West Wing. I must say that I knew it would not survive against The Simpsons. It was silly of NBC to move the show's time period. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.


The West Wing Blog tells us that the character of Vice Presidential candidate Leo McGarry, played by the recently deceased John Spencer, will die a few days before the general election. This makes me wonder- how many times on WW can a dead guy get elected?

I'll really miss the show. Sometimes it's like a civics class, but less boring. Nothing is black or white. It's complex and has characters that can have many subtleties. Sometimes it can get a tad bit overdramatic. But it tends to do so with much more wit and better writing than other shows.



Tags: ,

No comments: