Monday, August 22, 2005

A moment to breathe

Whew! I finally have a moment to sit down and work on some stuff at the computer (blog, bills, photos, etc....).

What an eventful weekend. A friend came to visit and I took him to Cambridge to see MIT and the new Strata Center (designed by Frank Gehry). (Pictures to come soon). It is such an amazing building- it seems to undulate and move. We got to go inside the normally tightly secure building since someone had left a door propped open. It felt really open and airy and light on the inside, not the norm for a building full of computer people. I was fortunate to get a picture in the serene MIT Chapel (designed by Eero Saarinen) before we were chased out of there. We also checked out the famous infinity building, which really did seem to go on forever as we tried to find our way out onto the quad.

We walked down Mass. Ave to Harvard Square and Harvard Yard where we saw a large group of foreign parents and kids (mainly teens...ack! Did I just refer to teens as kids? I must be getting old....) touring the school. Well, actually, they were all just standing in front of the library and staring at it and taking pictures of it. I didn't see a tour guide or anyone who looked official but I can only conclude that's what they were there for....anwyay, it seemed logical at the time....


I start my 5 AM to 9AM shifts tomorrow. Scary, the idea of being up so early, but I guess I was bound to have start them eventually.....

1 comment:

-Ann said...

Ah. My question is answered. I love that guy.