Tuesday, August 16, 2005

"I am the gate keeper"

{Please try to keep the keymaster jokes to a minimum. Thanks}


I had my first day of training today. It went well. I like the new station. Part of what I'll be doing involves the news ticker, as in I get to decide what goes on it. I get to be the gate keeper of information that is seen by our many viewers. I'll try not to let the power go to my head.

Turns out that someone I know from the old station I worked at does some freelance stuff at the new place, so I'll be well informed of the gossip and goings on at the old workplace. The new boss is cool. The few people that I've met seem nice. Bearing in mind the new boss might be reading this, I have to say that there were some very nice looking men at my new place of employment. That said I usually have a policy of not dating or whatnot the people I work with. If things don't work out it can be very awkward. For me to become involved with a fellow employee there's probably something pretty irresistible about them.

I already don't love the commute, it's like 70 miles round trip and my car is kind of old. Moving closer to work might be preferable. I'll give it a month or two and see where things stand.
Moving brings its own set of complications, aside from just the actual move. You have to find all sorts of new things- dentist, doctor, hairstylist (I'm particularly picky about this one), place of worship (if you do that), etc...

No comments: