Tuesday, June 06, 2006

BostonEats: Bristol Lounge

Yes, the $17 burger at the Bristol Lounge is worth it. Take it from me-- I'm a total carnivore and burger-lover. The appetizer was some sort of cool lobster dish with saffron and Gorgonzola foam (yes, foam) whose name escapes me right now. it was amazing.

The only time I had something questionable there involved the buttermilk chicken fingers-- they were a little on the burnt side (and I was too hungry to bother to send them back to the kitchen).

Not too out of the normal price range to keep me away when I have something special to celebrate. (As long as you don't go overboard and order the steak and lobster at the same time).

Drinks are yummy and creative. The service was impeccable. I've never had so many details seen to-- from making sure I had enough water, to cleaning crumbs off the table before dessert-- nothing was overlooked.

The setting was perfect for that winter night, as there are plush couches and fireplaces to take away the chill. I've had the good fortune of being able to stay in the fab Four Seasons and was not kicked out of the Bristol Lounge (no one was wasted, just having a fun time chatting with friends) until way after they stopped serving.


No comments: