Monday, March 13, 2006

Rites of spring

Sometimes a new season can be beautiful and full of promise, yet at the same time be sort of horrifying. If I had background music for this time in my life, it might be The Rite of Spring by Stravinsky. Growing pains can be tough. Lots of changes have taken place in my life in the past few months.
I love it when spring arrives. At the same time the beginning of a new season kind of depresses me, as it is a reminder that another block of my life is behind me. And I can't have that time back. I am forced to wonder if I am any closer to being where I want to be... or who I want to be. Sometimes I just take a look and think "what happened?"


1 comment:

Aaron said...

Nice Thoughtful post - Spring happens to be my favorite season. Maybe it's because the ladies also come out in full force, or because the sun feels warmer.

Either way, I think your post is a great reminder that we need to always strive to our goals.

And to also ask ourselves, are we living deliberately? To live life deliberately is something few people do. Think about it - going to work 9-5, is that deliberate living for you? Maybe, and if that's what you're doing, hopefully it is.

I think this is a reminder for me, that serving and helping others is something that can be very fullfilling. And at the end of the day, I can look back and know I did something of substance. Not that working in the office isn't, but working to serve someone else in need is definitely something solid, and worth building an identity in.
Just my two cents :) - go spring!