Friday, May 26, 2006

How practical is practicality?

There are a bunch of things in my life right now that are merely practical. But they're not cutting it. I guess you might say that, in a way, I'm having 'quality of life' issues.

In fact, I'm really quite unhappy with the current state of things*.
Like the most unhappy I've been in a long time. I can't help but feel rootless, alone, and perturbed by how little I seem to have going for me. I imagine that on the surface it all looks OK, because I work to make it seem so. But it's not.

I'm not sure how or what to change.

Something's gotta give.



*I recognize that everyone has daily annoyances that can pile up- commute, paper cuts, telemarketers, etc... but that's not what I'm getting at here.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to go to Nigeria to realize how good I had it. I did not easily forget this post I read about a month ago http://www.blog.typealice.com/2006/04/16/120/
Feel Better!

-Ann said...

Might be time to evaluate things and see if you need to make any changes. If you're not happy, it doesn't matter how practical or comfortable your life is. The change might be hard, but when it's the right thing, it makes al the difference. Good luck!

braddie granes said...

Everyone goes through this, it's just that your life is at this point now. But we don't know what future holds in hands, tomorrow might be more bright. Just having patience and trust the process of life. Everything will be alright!

Alice said...

Being practical doesn't mean you have to be emotionless. Always take care of your mind, emotions, and wellness first. Else will be alright.