Tuesday, July 22, 2008

R.I.P. Sad Car

The slow decay has ended. It seems that Sad Car has been put out to pasture.

It's been a little while since I've driven that particular stretch of VFW Parkway, but a friend recently alerted me about the disappearance of the familiar rotting hunk of metal and steel. (The once white sedan can even be seen in the aerial photo on the city's Property Data Viewer).


Sad Car made quite an impression on this West Roxbury (Roslindale?) property.



Without Sad Car guarding the garage like a dedicated sentry, Sad House has lost part of its identity . (J. adds that this "looks like the home where a serial killer lives.")

6 comments:

Pistophocles said...

Those pictures go quite a ways back. I can see the car of my house's former owner still in my driveway (not that far from Sad House). That's at least five years ago! How old was that car?

The Family said...

I like to think Sad Car merely ascended to heaven -- where he starts up on the first try and has a new coat of paint.

Inkwell said...

The missus and I noticed this last week on the way to the laundromat. We wondered how long it would be before it made Universal Hub. I have been watching that car deteriorate for 10 years - there was even a time when I though about stopping and asking if it was for sale (when it still looked salvageable).

Ryan Spaulding said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan Spaulding said...

I knew that car and I hardly ever traveled that route. It kept getting lower and lower to the ground.

The house doesn't look right without it (like it's missing it's nose or something.)

Anonymous said...

If you miss "Sad Car", there is a "Sad Van" on Buchanan Road (runs sort of parallel to that end of the VFW Parkway). The van has been there for as long as I can remember, and is definately sinking into the ground!