Sunday, September 10, 2006

Metal spike ruined my night


Thank you, city of Boston, for not removing this lovely metal spike from the sidewalk on Beacon Street (inbound). If you had I would not have tripped over it and spent my evening (from 8pm to 1am) in the ER at Beth Israel. I also would not have a superstrong Fiberglas splint on my right leg and would be without this season's hottest accessory- a chic pair of metal crutches.


UPDATE:
I called the Mayor's Constituent Complaint hotline. The woman I spoke to dispatched the DPW to see to a solution about the spike. She also said I could call City Hall on Monday to file any claims. (If anyone has ever done this, advice is much appreciated.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always see these things on the sidewalk and say to myself, someone is really gonna get hurt on that one day. Now I know that really does happen. The city needs to remove them!

Anonymous said...

Ow, ow, ow, I'm sorry to read that!

Esther Kustanowitz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Buffy said...

Ouch.

Bill T said...

Ow. Sorry to hear it/see it. Feel better. Good job getting a picture of the evil thing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lyss said...

Thank goodness for cell phone cameras!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.