Monday, June 26, 2006

Boston Eats: Zocalo

A Friday night visit to Zocalo in Brighton.

What a pleasant first experience at a restaurant. The table side ceviche was so yummy. Not the tableside show I had anticipated, but I still highly recommend it. The tuna was mixed with lime juice (a predominant flavor, make sure you like lime) and tossed with fresh mango, avocado, onion, and tomatoes.

The mango sangria was great- not too fruity and not too alcohol-flavored. The freshly made guac came in a cool, and huge, bowl and was filled with fresh tomatoes. The chicken burrito was very good and reminded me of the ones at Fresh City, but with fresher and juicier chicken.

The service was all over the map- I wish the server had been a little quicker to come over and get the check, but it was a busy Friday night. Overall, the staff did seem genuinely concerned that we enjoyed our meal.

Zocalo gets points for finding me a table for 2 on a Friday night within 15 minutes or so of my calling to make a reservation.

No comments: